Facilities Management a focus at Security 2014
The Facilities Management profession plays a pivotal role in the security of any organisation, and their procurement decisions in this regard not only provide a safe and efficient working environment but also make a demonstrable contribution towards organisation goals. But as their responsibilities become increasingly more diverse, encompassing multi-disciplinary activities, they must balance the growing complexity of protecting people and assets from threat while improving efficiency, and reducing energy and operational costs.
Security 2014, Australia’s largest security industry event presents a mix of experts, practitioners, products and services which promises a wide range of perspectives grounded in the experience of developing and implementing innovative security strategies in diverse industries, organisations and contexts.
From 4-6 June, the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre will host this market leading event, incorporating a world class conference, hosted by ASIAL, and presenting the most comprehensive showcase of technology, equipment and services designed to protect facilities and their users from security threat.
A packed floor plan will showcase the latest, widest range of products and solutions available from local and international product and service suppliers. Industry leaders including SCSI, Canon, Pelco Schneider, Intelogix, Sony and Honeywell and Hills will unveil the latest business security solutions and technology from access control to surveillance, fire and safety, biometrics and IP networking.
Security World, a feature of the show floor, recreates real-world scenarios with product demonstrations based on everyday situations including an airport, bank and car park, plus guided tours to demonstrate how the very best products in the market integrate to provide a complete, secure solution.
Incorporating the Australian Security Industry Association Conference, run by the peak body for security professionals, Security 2014 is designed to deliver expert insight, analysis and perspective with panel discussions and acclaimed industry speakers from Australia and around the world. Amongst others, conference delegates will hear insights from:
- Blake Kozakm, Senior Research Analyst, IHS, who will look at growth trends in access control, perimeter protection, intrusion detection and CCTV
- Douglas Florence Sr, Business Development Director Global Gaming, Avigilon, will detail how digital CCTV is changing casino and gaming security
- Steve Sullivan, General Manager- Security, Safety & Emergency Management, Port of Melbourne, will discuss the topic of “Managing security in a multi-tenant organisation”
- Tony Zalewski, Director- Global Public Safety will discuss “Trends in Litigation,” based on his expert work on civil legal proceedings across Australia.
The Security 2014 seminar series, held in conjunction with Security Solutions Magazine, will deliver an extensive and highly specialised programme including new product demonstrations, industry speakers and recruitment opportunities. Among the speakers are;
- Heng Jiang Cheng Head of Leda’s Research and Development Program an expert in the area of physical security design
- Dave Neal, Managing Director of NEAL Consulting Solutions who has held senior roles at organisations such as Qantas, Defence and the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and Criminologist
- Suzanne Lockhart, an advisor on personal identity and identity management in complex security environments across the public and private sectors.
Comedians Dave Hughes and Dave O’Neill headline the lighter entertainment at The Security 2014 Gala Dinner on June 4th and a Cocktail Reception on June 5th, where Best New Product Awards will be announced, with both events providing additional opportunities to network with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Book your free ticket for Security Exhibition & Conference 2014 here.